Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't create distro list

Default Can't create distro list

using putty ... logged in as root ... in /opt/zimbra/bin
    ls shows zmprov but when I try to run it, I get "not found" ... am I just having a major brain cramp here or what?

Default environment

zmprov is meant to be run as the zimbra user, which has it's environment set up with the path info - so:

su - zimbra
    zmprov cdl listname@domain.tld
    zmprov adlm listname@domain.tld user@domain.tld
    zmprov gdl listname@domain.tld

or your running it as 'zmprov <arguments>' instead of './zmprov <arguments>'

Default created distro ... how to find it?

Ok ... the first one was a brain cramp ... typed it exactly how it is written in the admin manual i.e. w/o the ./ ... thanks in advance for not flamin me over it ... now it appears to work fine if I type in the whole distro addy, but how would someone find the distro list if they didn't already know it existed ... a search of the global address list comes up blank.

We are adding distro lists to the admin UI. So in the future you'll be able to list and manage them there

Default Sorry I wasn't clear ...

I'm not worried about the admin side ... command line is fine w/ me ... I'm talking about the users end ... how do they use the distro if they don't already know it exists i.e. unless you type in the whole distroname@domain in the "to:" box there is no way to find it as far I can tell.

Your right we don't have a way to access a list from the user space today. I'll add it as an enhancement.

In the next release distribution lists will show up as a result of searching the "GAL" (global address list).

i.e.:

1. click "To:" button

2. select "Show names from: [Global Address List]"

3. type in the list name (could be partial, we do a wildcard search on both sides of the name) in the Search box and click "Search".

4. it should show up in the results, along with any users that also matched.

Longer term we will probably provide other ways to discover and browse distribution lists, including members, depending on the visibility of the list.

roland

Exclamation External LDAP Global Address List search / filter

A follow on question to the above post - I have set up the GAL for both internal and external and have entered the configuration for the corporate LDAP server. The 'test' function at the end of the set up indicates success so the systems are talking. However, when I try to search for users when creating a new message I get what seems to be an sorted and unfiltered list back.

At this point I am unsure if there is a problem with Zimbra, my GAL configuration or the corporate LDAP server. One thing to note is that I am using the same LDAP configuration from Thunderbird with no problems.

Can you point me in a direction to try to isolate this down and hopefully get it working?

What I have seen and used of Zimbra so far is pretty cool but there are a lot of people in my company so not having the ability to properly access to the corporate LDAP server is really a show stopper.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Don

Are you searching from the TO: box (by just entering a partial name) or did you open the search by clicking on the TO: label?
    Last edited by KevinH; 10-28-2005 at 01:08 AM.