Thread: Restricting mail features

Default Restricting mail features

Hello,

We are planning to use zimbra (opensource edition) but mostly for its calendaring features. We already have a corporate webmail and even if we might switch to zimbra, it won't be any time soon.

I would like to restrict some of the webmail features so it could be used as a inbox for the calendar's events. I've started looking into the CSS, since hidding elements would fit my needs but I can't see a way of hidding buttons from the toolbar since they have ids of this kind: zb|CLV|NEW_MENU which are not compatible with CSS (#zb|CLV|NEW_MENU { foo: bar; } will just be ignored.

Is there either a way of disabling buttons or features (like sending, replying, forwarding, etc) directly from the skin or configuration or a way of CSS'ing those pipe containing ids ?

Thanks,

Arnaud

Default Disable features

Login to the admin UI and there you can limit what they have access to per user or domain.

For example I went into one of my test users and went to the features tab and removed all but the calendar access. Now when I login as my test user I only have access to the calendar and nothing else.

You can do the same thing with the domain by going to the domain and managing the features.

Hope this helps
    Chris Priamos
    Olympic Global Technologies
    http://www.olympicglobal.com

Chris,

Thanks for your reply, but the COS-like restrictions aren't exactly what i need. I did reduce the main features down to Mail & Calendar. I kept Mail only because i want my user to be able to accept/deny appointments. But I don't want them to reply to or forward the calendar events. I don't want them to be able to send new mail either. That's why i want to hide those buttons.

Arnaud