Thread: Outlook 2007 calendar sharing errors

Unhappy Outlook 2007 calendar sharing errors

Tom is new and has shared his calendar in the Zimbra web interface with several coworkers (view only). Mike received the email and has added Tom's calendar properly, able to view any appointments as is expected.

Mike now wants to view in Outlook (2007) the shared calendar, but it's throwing an error:

"Operation failed. The object cannot be found."

I removed the share from Mike's calendar, added it back, instructed him to remove and reinstall the OLK connector, and resync his Outlook, but this still does not fix the problem.

He's found error messages in the Sync Issues folder:

"Local Failures were detected. No action is required. This e-mail was generated for technical support purposes. Sync Type: Delta Sync Sync Token: 9725 Store: Zimbra - Tom XXXX Computer Name: THINKPET Version: 5.0.2706.9 Error IDs: id (10) type(folder) "

We're running Release 5.0.9_GA_2533.RHEL5_64_20080814234009 CentOS5_64 NETWORK edition, with ZimbraOlkConnector-5.0.9_GA_2500_5.0.2706.9.msi

I would like to find a resolution to this without having to reinstall Outlook, since the end user is remote, but any advice is appreciated!
    Last edited by keri; 10-01-2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: retardation of poster.

Is he sharing his calendar via outlook or the Web UI?
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

Answered my own question, read the thread again XD,
    Anyway if he wants his calendars to be viewed in Outlook he needs to share his calendars through outlook. Once the share has been created the person he is sharing with will not recieve a notifaction e-mail, what they have to do is go in their Outlook and click on file->open->open shared calendar (or something that has to do with sharing I believe) he can then select which contact he wants to view the calendar for. Microsoft changed the ways they share calendars in 07 its ridiculous...........GO MICROSOFT :P
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

Smile

Digging around a bit more, I've found that there are co-workers who are able to view his calendar just fine, it's only this one person who's having the issue. I tested even further, having gotten his credentials, and confirmed that he's somehow borked his outlook. God knows how, though.

One does not need to setup this sharing within Outlook though, which (for our folks) is good news.

A "feature" I found while trying to test this out is that Outlook 2007 does not recognize email addresses from other domains as part of the Global Address book - even if the two are hosted by the same zimbra installation - do you happen to know a way around that, or is this more M$ fu^H^H fun?
    Last edited by keri; 10-02-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: this space left intentionally blank