Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tomcat hanging

Yes i did, then I rebooted.

Well the stack trace didn't dump so you either didn't do it right or something else is done. Please try again the next time it hangs. You can practice now just to see that it works and look at the info in the log.

Why did you reboot? Is it just tomcat hung? If so you should just restart tomcat. There's no need to reboot the server.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Hi Kevin
    Followed your instructions, though dont know it if I killed the correct process as I said I aint no linux guru. This is what I did

[root@mailman pmorgan]# ps -ef | grep tomcat
    zimbra 17964 1 0 Mar30 ? 00:00:23 /opt/zimbra/jdk1.5.0_05/bin/java -Xms284m -Xmx284m -client -XX:NewRatio=2 -Dcatalina.base=/opt/zimbra/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7 -Dcatalina.home=/opt/zimbra/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7 -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/zimbra/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/temp -Djava.library.path=/opt/zimbra/lib/jars -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/zimbra/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/common/endorsed -classpath /opt/zimbra/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/zimbra/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/bin/commons-logging-api.jar org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
    root 14717 16347 0 08:51 pts/2 00:00:00 grep tomcat

[root@mailman pmorgan]# kill -QIUT 17964
    bash: kill: QIUT: invalid signal specification
    [root@mailman pmorgan]# kill -QUIT 17964

And i got the attached output
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well there is no stack dump in that file so it's not working right. Can you try that command after a clean restart just to make sure you can dump the stack.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Hi Kevin, I think we have a winner !

Hi Kevin

Mailbox and Mta stopped again. Tried to run 'kill -QUIT <tomcat pid> but tomcat not running.
    Attached catalina.out. Would you like me to restart zimbra or wait to you view attachment.

You may restart it. Was the stack trace in the attachment from when Zimbra was hung or had it stopped already?

I couldnt be sure but I would say it was when it hung. It was created about 2 hours ago which sounds about right. Also my connection to the net dropped out about the same time if thats any help !

Also spell was stopped which it unusual.

Lost your network connection.. This is interesting. Was this also the case on the previous problems? The stack looks pretty idle as if nothing is going on and there are no obvious deadlocks.