Thread: 5.0.10 trouble in admin console

Default 5.0.10 trouble in admin console

I'm having some trouble with my Zimbra NE admin web interface after the 5.0.10 upgrade. (5.0.9 to Release 5.0.10_GA_2638.UBUNTU6_64 UBUNTU6_64 NETWORK edition)

I also have some reports from our users that there are problems with scripts running too long in IE. We've been taking the opportunity to switch users to Firefox, which handles the script in a reasonable amount of time. I don't really have enough information to say if the two problems are related, other than they were both noticed after the 5.0.10 upgrade.

I can log into the admin interface well enough, and most things work, but when I click on our student domain (we have XXXX.org and students.XXXX.org), a tab opens but the information is not populated at all, and an error follows.

Watching the net traffic with firebug, I can see it getting stuck on a soap call 'SearchDirectoryRequest', and when this happens, an error box pops up with the detail saying: Message: Unknown Error Method: SearchDirectoryRequest Details:InternalError: script stack space quota is exhausted.

Here is the soap:Body when requesting information for students.XXXX.org:
    Code:
    <soap:Body><SearchDirectoryRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraAdmin" offset="0" limit="0" sortBy="name" sortAscending="1" domain="students.XXXXX.org" attrs="zimbraMailCatchAllAddress"><query xmlns=""></query></SearchDirectoryRequest></soap:Body>
    Could this have something to do with Bug 31539 - Need zimbraAdminConsoleCatchAllAddressEnabled attribute to show the admin console catchall component ?

Hello,

We're having the same trouble of scripts running too long in IE, but for us switching users to Firefox is currently not an option.

I've started a thread here : http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...0-upgrade.html

I also reported a bug here : Bug 31964 &ndash; Javascript error when reading HTML mail, you could mayber vote for it or add your thought about it, because I reported this some time ago now, and still no answer, you're just the third person I heard having this trouble (including myself)...

Good luck in your trouble resolution !

Quote Originally Posted by sampowers View Post
    I can log into the admin interface well enough, and most things work, but when I click on our student domain (we have XXXX.org and students.XXXX.org), a tab opens but the information is not populated at all, and an error follows.

Watching the net traffic with firebug, I can see it getting stuck on a soap call 'SearchDirectoryRequest', and when this happens, an error box pops up with the detail saying: Message: Unknown Error Method: SearchDirectoryRequest Details:InternalError: script stack space quota is exhausted.

Here is the soap:Body when requesting information for students.XXXX.org:
    Code:
    <soap:Body><SearchDirectoryRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraAdmin" offset="0" limit="0" sortBy="name" sortAscending="1" domain="students.XXXXX.org" attrs="zimbraMailCatchAllAddress"><query xmlns=""></query></SearchDirectoryRequest></soap:Body>
    Could this have something to do with Bug 31539 - Need zimbraAdminConsoleCatchAllAddressEnabled attribute to show the admin console catchall component ?
    I have the exact same problem now that I upgraded to 5.0.10 from 5.0.9 on CentOS 5.2.

When I click on our domain in the admin interface I see that I am getting stuck at the same SOAP request that you are.

I used curl to send this soap request and the response I got was a long list of user accounts and their attributes. So, this SOAP request seems to get a list of ALL accounts in the domain (possibly to populate the CatchAllAddress field that didn't exist in 5.0.9 ?) but this list is so long that it times out leaving the domain tab in the admin interface blank.

I have a test install of zimbra on another server with only a couple of accounts and it doesn't time out there because the list of accounts is so short.

By the way, zimbraAdminConsoleCatchAllAddressEnabled is set to "FALSE" at the domain and global levels on both my production and my test servers.

Is there anything we can do to fix this or do we just file a bug report?

Upgraded from 5.0.9 to 5.0.10, SLES 10 (x86_64)

We are also experiencing an error when selecting a domain with ~5500 accounts in the admin interface:

"number of results exceeded the limit: too many search results returned Error code: account.TOO_MANY_SEARCH_RESULTS Method: SearchDirectoryRequest Details:soap:Receiver"

Default Bug filed

We are also experiencing the TOO_MANY_SEARCH_RESULTS when trying to edit our domain after our upgrade to 5.0.10 NE. I started a Zimbra support ticket and they filed a bug, Bug 32400 &ndash; too many results editing domain in admin console. Add your votes!

As a partial workaround, I found that if I just clicked on "Domains", rather than selecting the specific domain, in the left frame, I could then highlight the domain I wanted in the right frame and at least use the "Configure GAL" and "Configure Authentication" options from here. Clicking on "Edit" from here resulted in the same TOO_MANY_SEARCH_RESULTS.

If anyone finds any way to modify a config file to eliminate this error, let me know! Thanks.