Thread: Is Open Source edition upgradeble to Network edition

Hybrid View

Default Is Open Source edition upgradeble to Network edition

Like the title states... If we install the network edition and run for a couple months will the existing open source edition be easily upgradeable to the Network Edtition? We like the all in one mail package zimbra offers and we need the outlook connector to work but at the time we think the outlook connector isnt quite where it should be for us to migrate to that yet. (We currently are using XC connect). But we think zimbra is making great progress and will be there soon.

-LC

Yes. You can upgrade to Network from OSS.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

awesome! I was assuming this but wanted to make sure first.

-LC

There is more to the Network version than just the Outlook connector, the ability to move older messages to secondary storage, and the conversion of attachments to html, so my users don't have to wait for Word, Excell, Adobe, etc. to load just to know what is in an attachment, will pay for the Network version for us. Plus you get the added benifit of all the aggravation that is testing the new Outlock connectors with the most needlessly complicated mail client known to man.

Default Migration between open and network on different OSs

Is there a recommended path for upgrading between the open and network editions on fundamentally different OSs?

EG: I have zimbra open running under debian, and want to move the accounts (config, contacts, calendar, store, etc) to enterprise on CentOS. What's the best way to go about this?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by daniellawson
    Is there a recommended path for upgrading between the open and network editions on fundamentally different OSs?

EG: I have zimbra open running under debian, and want to move the accounts (config, contacts, calendar, store, etc) to enterprise on CentOS. What's the best way to go about this?
    There are a couple of threads on the forum detailing how to move Zimbra to another box or o/s. My choice would be to move Zimbra to the new system using the same version/release of Zimbra and make sure it works and then upgrade to the Network Edition. Obviously during this you'll take adequate backups of everything.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.