We are currently at 5.0.8NE and didn't upgrade to 5.0.9 because of the sort issue. Now I was wondering if we should hold off on 5.0.10 because our cert direct looks like the following:
root root 6 Jul 19 01:38 84604eb5.0 -> ca.pem
root root 17 Jul 19 01:38 c5b5114c.0 -> commercial_ca.pem
zimbra zimbra 887 Jul 19 01:38 ca.key
zimbra zimbra 968 Jul 19 01:38 ca.pem
zimbra zimbra 2.1K Jul 19 01:38 commercial_ca_1.pem
zimbra zimbra 1016 Jul 19 01:38 commercial_ca_2.pem
zimbra zimbra 3.1K Jul 19 01:38 commercial_ca.pem
root root 19 Jul 19 01:38 f64d9715.0 -> commercial_ca_2.pem
I've seen a few threads about certificates and 5.0.10. With the current way the certs are linked for us, does this guarantee that we will have problems if we upgrade to 5.0.10?
It is likely. Also there have been reports of problems with the Admin console and poor performance/script timeouts with IE7. I need the sort fix and also the IM fix but I'm not moving to 5.0.10. Will have to see what .11 looks like.
Originally Posted by hurstel
Until there is a workaround for the IE7 timeout issue, we are holding off on 5.0.9/5.0.10 as well.
For the commercial cert multiple file issue, there is a workaround, so while it adds a few minutes to the upgrade, it is not a show stopper for us. The IE timeout problem would be, hence, our caution at upgrading.
Hope that helps,
Well it looks like the IE7 issue will stop up from doing the upgrade as well.
Has there been any news on the IE7 script timeout issue? Our users can recreate the issue by clicking on the delete icon while the message is still being drawn in the preview pane.
Anyone else feel like the QA of recent releases leaves a little to be desired?
I've been pretty nervous about most of these patches in the 5.x series, as it seems like there's at least one bad regression that will bite us. Yet it seems like I have to stay close to the current release to get proper support.
Personally I'd rather have a NE release every two months that I can trust versus a release every month that I don't.