Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DomainKeys / Digital Signaure to avoid Yahoo! Bulk Mail

No one seems to have really addressed if and how DomainKeys can be added to a Zimbra server. I would like to be ahead of the curve on this for 2 reasons:

1) According to what I've read Yahoo! is putting more and more emphasis on this technology (probably due to their vested interest in it). As such it's conceivable a proper reverse DNS will not forever shield us from the junk mail folder.

2) Yahoo! already introduces a delay on e-mails when it receives a bunch from a single source in a short time. Supposedly utilizing DomainKeys prevents the e-mails from being intentionally delayed.

Is this way off base? If not, does anyone have some pointers (read: semi-detailed instructions or links to similar ) on getting DomainKeys installed in the Zimbra e-mail system?

To hedge my bets I wouldn't mind implementing Sender ID as well, though despite having an MS background I know even less about it compared to DomainKeys

Quote Originally Posted by rajahd View Post
    No one seems to have really addressed if and how DomainKeys can be added to a Zimbra server. I would like to be ahead of the curve on this for 2 reasons:

1) According to what I've read Yahoo! is putting more and more emphasis on this technology (probably due to their vested interest in it). As such it's conceivable a proper reverse DNS will not forever shield us from the junk mail folder.

2) Yahoo! already introduces a delay on e-mails when it receives a bunch from a single source in a short time. Supposedly utilizing DomainKeys prevents the e-mails from being intentionally delayed.

Is this way off base? If not, does anyone have some pointers (read: semi-detailed instructions or links to similar ) on getting DomainKeys installed in the Zimbra e-mail system?

To hedge my bets I wouldn't mind implementing Sender ID as well, though despite having an MS background I know even less about it compared to DomainKeys
    Check my signature for more information. Bear in mind that I am going to try and release this the same time as the 5.0 final comes out.

Thanks Joshua, that looks pretty comprehensive. I'll keep an eye out as we approach the 5.0 release.

Zimbra is in version 6.0 now. Any news on when the DKIM support for signing out bound emails will be a default feature ?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by priyadarsanroy View Post
    Zimbra is in version 6.0 now. Any news on when the DKIM support for signing out bound emails will be a default feature ?
    You can do it already if you search the forums and/or the web for 'zimbra dkim' (or opendkim) - you'll find several how-to articles.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

As per Bug 11524 - DKIM/DK signing support in Amavisd it is only recently there has been support for storing the keys within LDAP. I guess as Amavis does not make use of LDAP for that we will need to let Zimbra run through their evaluation of using OpenDKIM.