Thread: Incorrect key file for table './zimbra_logger/mta.MYI'; try to repair it

Default Incorrect key file for table './zimbra_logger/mta.MYI'; try to repair it

[zimbra@mail ~]$ tail /opt/zimbra/log/logger_mysql_error.log
    081023 7:01:33 [ERROR] /opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './zimbra_logger/mta.MYI'; try to repair it
    081023 7:01:33 [ERROR] /opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './zimbra_logger/mta.MYI'; try to repair it
    081023 7:10:06 [ERROR] /opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './zimbra_logger/mta.MYI'; try to repair it
    081023 7:10:06 [ERROR] /opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './zimbra_logger/mta.MYI'; try to repair it

So - this install has been cursed for over a year. I've yet to get the logger working properly. I started at 4.5.6 and have now upgraded all teh way to 5.0.10. Repair table has been run numerous times on this table with no luck. I've followed the wiki and at least 10 other posts compaining about the logger.

Every check i've run across is now working OK - except for this error i receive. Does the error above indicate something specific? (perhaps i should delete from x on all tables? do i need to keep data in certain tables?)

Also - i need to repair the zimbra_logger tables such as raw_logs from time to time as they turn corrupt every week or so.

-----

If we can't do a specific fix is there a way to basically reinstall the entire logging piece? If not, perhaps one should be added due to teh number of difficulties users encounter.

Typical! As soon as i post it starts working....

I'm still seeing this error, however. Should i alltempt to clean out the tables to bring the key restraints back in line - or just leave it?

Code:
    su - zimbra
    logmysql
    use zimbra_logger;
    check table mta;
    repair table mta;
    check table mta;
    if this is happening all the time you need to check all your logfiles for any error messages. Does dmesg or /var/log/messages show anything at all ?