Thread: Mailbox Size

Default Mailbox Size

I have a couple mailboxes that appear to have a discrepancy between the reported mailbox size, such as from "zmmailbox gms" and the actual size of the mail that I can see from the web client.

In one case, zmmailbox reports a whopping 3.48G. I've manually searched for large attachments and mouse-over'd all the folders to check their size and I can't account for more than 1.9G in that mailbox.

Any ideas about the 1.5G difference?

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikelcu View Post

Any ideas about the 1.5G difference?

-Mike
    Hi mikelcu,

it is probably mail that has been marked as deleted but were actually not deleted. This could happen,
    if the user reads mail through MS Outlook as an IMAP Client (not with the MAPI Connector).
    You have to "expunge" the Mailbox....

You can use Thunderbird as IMAP Client for this mailbox and expunge (or purge?) the mailbox. Everything should be ok after that....
    The Zimbra Webclient does not show messages, that are "marked for delete".

Regards
    Thomas

That's a good idea and I considered it, but the user I'm after is an Outlook-only user. Plus I looked through the trash and it only totals about 40M...

-M

That's a good idea and I considered it, but the user I'm after is an Outlook-only user. Plus I looked through the trash and it only totals about 40M...
    -M
    The problem you observe hits almost exclusively Outlook Users (Outlook as IMAP Client). You will not find those messages in den trash folder.

Regards
    Thomas

This is an Outlook MAPI user (zimbra connector of course) so I'm still not sure if it's the same thing. I should add that 99% of this mail is from our Exchange->Zimbra migration. I'm wondering if some "hidden" artifacts were pulled over from Exchange... Does the problem you're describing have a bug report?

-Mike

This is an Outlook MAPI user (zimbra connector of course) so I'm still not sure if it's the same thing. I should add that 99% of this mail is from our Exchange->Zimbra migration. I'm wondering if some "hidden" artifacts were pulled over from Exchange... Does the problem you're describing have a bug report?

-Mike
    Hi mikelcu,

here is the thread with the problem I had some time ago:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...-messages.html

It seems to be an IMAP "feature", not a bug. It is possible, that the problem you observe is different. But you should give it a try. Use an IMAP client (Thunderbird) and hit "compress" or "expunge" (don't know how it is called as I don't use Thunderbird).

Regards
    Thomas