Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient ignored

After have remove all my CatchAll sub-domains with the command:
    zmprov dd sub.domain.com I've fix the problem.
    Now smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient is working well and my "deffered list" is not anymore full of emails coming from mailer-daemon.

Thanks for your great support!

Paolo

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    After have remove all my CatchAll sub-domains with the command:
    zmprov dd sub.domain.com I've fix the problem.
    Glad that fixed it for you.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You have a similar situation to what? Are you trying to use the smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient option?

Yes, if you're trying to reject unlisted recipients for the reason I've stated above - you can't have a catchall and accept mail for non-existent users because there's is no such thing with a catchall set. Perhaps if you explain what you're trying to achieve with the catchall I could understand you question better.
    Hi Phoenix; I have a situation kind of like this. I need to reject unlisted recipients (who doesn't these days?) but I have a bunch of "mailing lists" if you will that are handled elsewhere, so those need to be forwarded. Currently I'm doing that with a catchall and setting the zimbra transport to send the catchalls to the other server where they'll get handled (and ultimately reinjected to zimbra, but to the individual list members).

I'm willing to list all these addresses somewhere instead of using a catchAll. Where should I put them so they'll get forwarded?

Is there any way to get this to work with Domain Aliases ?

Say I have domainA.com, which properly rejects unknown recipients,

but domainB.com,and domainC.com still bounce, because they are set up as domain Aliases to domainA.com

if I look at the info for these alias domains I see that both of them have a catchall setup to move all @domainB.com to @domainA.com

Can someone assist me setting up domainB and domainC so that rejecting to unknown recipients always works without breaking the domain alias ?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jwilke View Post
    Can someone assist me setting up domainB and domainC so that rejecting to unknown recipients always works without breaking the domain alias ?
    It's not possible, by definition having a catch-all account will accept all mail for a domain. You can't reject unknown recipients because you're accepting all email for that domain, it's a contradiction in terms - that's why spammers love them and why I'd never recommend using them except for specific circumstances and for a limited time. You should have additional domains defined then add an alias to each account for the additional domains and remove the catch-all accounts.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.