I'm wondering if there's a flaw my plan to migrate to a new server. The idea is to create a multi-server environment from our single-server one, move everything from the old to the new server, then shut down the old server resulting in a single-server environment again.
We currently have a single RHEL4 upgraded to zcs-NETWORK-5.0.11_GA_2696, and we're looking to move to new hardware running RHEL5_64-bit, and want to do so smoothly.
- Enable LDAP replication on rhel4.mydomain.tld per Configuring LDAP Replication.
- Build rhel5.mydomain.tld.
- Install zcs-NETWORK-5.0.11_GA_2695.RHEL5_64 pointing to Master LDAP per Configuring LDAP Replication.
- Move mailboxes.
- Move MTA, spam and all other roles except LDAP.
- Promote replica LDAP to master per.
- Shut down rhel4.mydomain.tld.
Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions?