Thread: [SOLVED] Trying to move mailboxes

Default [SOLVED] Trying to move mailboxes

I have set up another ZCS server and am trying to move mailboxes from one to the other. In the Administration Console, I choose the account and tell it to "export" the mailbox to the "target server". That seems to go well until I ask it to "verify". It fails with a domain unknown error. However, if I ignore that and purge the original. I can log into the Collaboration Suite just fine. I can even see things liked to it in other mailboxes.

Now, when I try with my account, the web mail works just fine, but I lose all access to from my iPhone. Move it back, and everything works again. There is certainly a configuration problem, but since this is the first time I've tried multiple servers, I clearly don't have a great amount of experience. I did install and configure per the documentation. I have looked through the wikis. I have Googled. I'm tempted to fill this first post up with "zmprov gacf" from both servers, but instead I'll offer to provide whatever information anyone might request.

If anyone can point towards something to try, I would appreciate it.

You could try it using the methods described here :- ZCS-to-ZCS Migrations » Zimbra :: Blog

The problem is with distributed mailboxes, the web client redirects you from the original URL to one on the target mailbox server. However the phone, or any other client program, still looks to the original server name and has no mechanism to redirect.

The two possible answers to this issue are, to point the phone, Outlook or any other client directly to the specific mailbox server, or install and correctly configure zimbra-proxy.

With zimbra-proxy you can move the mailboxes around as you like and the users will never know anything has changed.