Thread: [SOLVED] Zimbra Crash, need to reimport lost emails

emotion production Guest

Angry [SOLVED] Zimbra Crash, need to reimport lost emails

Posted on Desctop forum as well

Hi Zimbra

Have been using this wonderful email client until last night.
    I started updating, but when it restarted there was a error message, which of course I forgot to write down.
    Afterwards it didnt want to run, so I have reinstalled Zimbra, but I dont know how to get the email files into the account.

Is it possible to install the older version, and then just copy the store files back in the same directory?

Regards,

Jonas Lillie

Hi Jonas...I would be helpful to get the error to figure out what went wrong. Its probably best to install the same version. You mentioned that its an email client...did your zimbra desktop fail or did your zimbra server fail?

emotion production Guest

Its the Desktop that failed.
    So is there any place I can download the older version?

Much Appreciated

Jonas

http://www.zimbra.com/products/deskt..._previous.html

That gives you all the previous versions.

All your email files should be on the server right? So its just a matter of getting your desktop client installed successfully.

EP please refrain from double posting! http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...st-emails.html

emotion production Guest

HiUxbod,

Sorry for double posting. I am just really desperate to get it working. I have alot of attachments that I need to get. My clients are waiting, and I could loose my business if I dont get this working ASAP

Everything has been uninstalled now. All I have are those files in the 5 folders. around 5Gb I need to reinstall and get those emails back in the account, but I have tried to just copy them back, but when I do that, it still askes me to open a new account.. it dosent go straight to the emails. Is there a way to sync it. Also, are there 2 programs in Zimbra, a server and a client?? I dont know about how it technically works.

Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by emotion production View Post
    My clients are waiting, and I could loose my business if I dont get this working ASAP
    Remember this software is currently in beta so if your concern is running a business and stability it may be better waiting for 1.0 GA.

Everything has been uninstalled now. All I have are those files in the 5 folders. around 5Gb I need to reinstall and get those emails back in the account, but I have tried to just copy them back, but when I do that, it still askes me to open a new account.. it dosent go straight to the emails. Is there a way to sync it.
    Hopefully one of the desktop client team will be able to advice you.

Also, are there 2 programs in Zimbra, a server and a client?? I dont know about how it technically works.
    Yes desktop and server are two different products. Have a look at http://www.zimbra.com/products/ which shows the different software Zimbra produces.

Good luck.

Jonas[/QUOTE]