Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: zmBackMind : Backup and Restore Zimbra OSE

nrgyz: my french is worse than my english, but I don't see the option to restore a backup from the zmRestMind.sh script.

hi,
    is there any restore script for this procedure (http://www.versusmind.eu/IMG/gz/zmBackMind.tar.gz)?
    Regards,
    Jay Choksi

Quote Originally Posted by jay.choklsi View Post
    hi,
    is there any restore script for this procedure (http://www.versusmind.eu/IMG/gz/zmBackMind.tar.gz)?
    Unfortunately there really isn't. There seems to be a script, but it doesn't work as far as we can tell. The original author posted this a month and half plus 3 pages ago without a response yet.
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

Then it should be taken off as a 'sticky' as what's the benefit of this backup process if it can not be used right through to restoring?

Here is a translated English version of the manual for anyone that may need it...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SAlexson; 02-08-2009 at 06:18 AM.

I haven't read very far, but I can tell this translation is automated and might not make much sense.

Food? Also mentioned a bit lower down.
    Food global messaging Zimbra
    sudo. / zmRestMind.sh
    zmRestMind
    From this interface, you can search:
    ◦ all mail from a person
    ◦ an email from a word in the title of the message
    ◦ an email from a word in the body text of the mail.
    I don't even think this command would run. It should be "sudo ./zmRestMind/sh"

It doesn't seem to work anyway. I get a pile of errors.
    rm: cannot remove `/tmp/zimbra/a8d3781e-a4da-4089-bd48-e08fd7911f6a-active': Is a directory
    rm: cannot remove `/tmp/zimbra/a8d3781e-a4da-4089-bd48-e08fd7911f6a-corrupt': Is a directory
    rm: cannot remove `/tmp/zimbra/a8d3781e-a4da-4089-bd48-e08fd7911f6a-deferred': Is a directory
    rm: cannot remove `/tmp/zimbra/a8d3781e-a4da-4089-bd48-e08fd7911f6a-hold': Is a directory
    rm: cannot remove `/tmp/zimbra/a8d3781e-a4da-4089-bd48-e08fd7911f6a-incoming': Is a directory
    ./zmRestMind.sh: line 28: dialog: command not found
    2 months, 3 pages, many frustrations, and still no comments by the OP. Without a working restoration the backup is useless. It was fairly promising as well.
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

I agree and as per my previous post this thread should be removed as a 'sticky' as it is of no real use.

Quote Originally Posted by quietas View Post
    I haven't read very far, but I can tell this translation is automated and might not make much sense.

Food? Also mentioned a bit lower down.
    I can't vouch for the scripts, but I can correct some of the more confusing elements of the translation. (I'm not a native French speaker so some of the technical terms may not be translated into their precise English equivalents, but I hope to get the sense clear.)

>Food global messaging Zimbra

Global restoration of the Zimbra messaging system

>Safeguarding

Backing up

>This backup allows rapid restoration of production in the event messaging
    serious failure of Zimbra.

This backup allows rapid restoration of operation of the messaging system in the event of serious failure of Zimbra.

>B. Food

Restoration

This manipulation must be performed by a technician VersusMind.
    It is to decompress the archive containing the body of Zimbra, to place by
    mail in the production and revive the mail server.
    This restoration allows a rapid delivery into production, but a loss of email
    is possible.
    This operation must be performed by a VesusMind technician. [I believe this means that an operator must perform the job as opposed to an end-user; not that you have to go to VersusMind to have them restore your server.] It consists of decompressing the archive of Zimbra, placing it into the production message database, and relaunching the mail server. This restoration permits rapid resumption of operation, but it is possible that some messages will be lost.

Dupont maliciously removed a dozen of its large mail box. It
    not find this unfortunate handling of a week later.
    [Note: later Dupont is translated "Smith".] Mr. Dupont carelessly deleted a dozen important messages in his mailbox. He didn't notice this unfortunate accident until a week later.
    Inform the script to backup directories and login / password of your database
    MySQL.
    Inform the script of the backup directories and login/password of your MySQL database.
    Related messages (in conversation) will no longer be
    Messages will no longer be threaded into conversations.