Thread: [SOLVED] spamassassin -> spamd for better performance?

Default [SOLVED] spamassassin -> spamd for better performance?

Is it possible to have zimbra use spamd instead of spamassassin, for better performance? This massively reduces spam scanning latency and load average on a server that gets lots of spam. Right now I'm front-ending the zimbra machine with a spamassassin/spamd pass, but that's annoyingly complicated and I'd like to just improve Zimbra's performance and remove that front end altogether.

-- Gary

Just wanted to close this with a "never mind". ZCS invokes amavisd-new, which keeps the SpamAssassin perl modules in memory just like spamd does. It never actually runs the spamassassin shell script, so it's already quite fast. You just need to add your SARE rules and custom rules to /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin and install the usual SA modules like DCC, razor2, pyzor, and import your training data, and it should do a pretty good job as is.

Hi..use SQLgrey with zimbra and your load average will drop considerably and this will free CPU which is getting used to process useless SPAM.

* Don’t forget to clean up the tables regularly (15-30days) as open relay which re-try spam do get into the *_awl tables.

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

Greylisting is an extremely questionable practice for a business relying on quick response to new customer emails. It's fine for a university or some companies, but it is definitely not for everyone. Just FYI.