Thread: Zimbra vs. Exchange bachelor's thesis

Default Zimbra vs. Exchange bachelor's thesis

Hi!
    I'm a third year computer engineer student which is currently working on my bachelor's thesis. My thesis is a completly comparison of Zimbra Network Edition and Microsoft Exchange 2003. I know this topic is begining to get widly used and evaluated, but this is very relevant for our enlisting company that is considering migrating from Exchange 2003. We will also go very in depth in this over 3 months.

My projectgroup is currently working on miscellaneous research and for that I could use some help from experienced administrators here at this magnificent forum:

1) We need to simulate a great amount of active users on both Zimbra and Exchange. Is it any scripts for this? A independent stresstest that can run on both mailsolutions is needed.

2) Any topics on this subject that currently haven't been enlighted seriously from a independent view? Maybe something that you system administrators would be interested in knowing but haven't had the time to find it out?

I want to emphasize that this project will be totally independent and no part is taken. I hope your feedback will be the same even if you are zimbra disciples

Thanks in advance. All feedback is appreciated.

Welcome to the forums

You could create 1000+ accounts using the CLI so have a read of Zmprov - Zimbra :: Wiki. With respect to stress testing do you mean all elements of Zimbra ? SMTP would be pretty easy but calendar etc would be more difficult. There are tools available but probably cost $s.

Thank you

I mainly want to stress SMTP but much used functions which is similar and crictical for both mailsolutions is also appropriate to test. With other words: all relevant tests are welcome. I will evaluate them later.

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you again. xtress is noted.