Thread: relay_recipient_maps

Default relay_recipient_maps

I had postfix setup on my gateway to filter spam by using relay_recipient_maps to stop any e-mail addressed to a user that did not exist.
    Postfix had no mail accounts setup. All mail was forwarded depending on it's domain to one of 2 other mail servers elsewhere on the network.
    After much hair pulling I got transport_maps to work with Zimbra but for the last 20 hours, serching the wiki and googling myself to death I can not get relay_recipient_maps to work hence all inbound e-mail is stopped at the gateway with Zimbra saying "User unknown in local recipient table".

I'm using zcs-5.0.11_GA_2695. There does seem to be a persistant ( it servives a restart) relay_recipient_maps = hash:/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.4.7.5z/conf/relay_recipients entry in main.cf, but it is completely ignored.

PLEASE HELP ! ! !

How do I make relay_recipient_maps work with Zimbra , how do I get Zimbra to forward e-mail to the right internal server with no Zimbra accounts setup.

So e-mail can at least get into the network I have removed "reject_unlisted_recipient"
    from /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_recipient_restrictions.cf

This of course means the internal mail servers are now dealing with more than they should.

I need to get this working ASAP.

Why are you using ZCS on your perimeter if all you are doing is forwarding to a internal setup of MTAs based on domain/user ???

That should be obvious, I want full spam and virus scan before e-mail enters the system. I may also have future plans, but none of this helps to answer my question.

Is there no one that can tell me how to update the "local recipient table" without adding users to Zimbra ?