I want to make a split installation of Zimbra. Not a multiserver or distributed one, but just split the services into two machines so that the load is split, too. It would look like this:
1. Server A acts as MTA, with Postfix, Amavis, SpamAssassin and ClamAV.
2. Server B acts as mailbox store, with Zimbra Store and LDAP.
As fas as I know, this is possible with Zimbra, and the procedure, which is what I want to check here, would be as follows:
- Install Zimbra Store (the mailbox server) and Zimbra LDAP on server B. Configure everything and such things.
- Install Zimbra MTA (Postfix and the antivirus and antispam filter packages) on server A, and tell those services (in the setup menu) to use the Zimbra LDAP and Store on server B.
- Setup server B to use server A as relayhost.
Would this be correct? Am I missing anything?