Thread: Customization Problem

Hybrid View

Default Customization Problem

I am facing problems with the customization of Login Screen...

First of all I found in this forums that I have to Edit the ZmLogin.js file to add my Company Logo, Keeping the existing Zimbra Logo.

Now, I am not able to see the changes after adding the code in the ZmLogin.js

I just need to add this image as Header... of size 780X100 pixels.

/**
    * Displays the login screen.
    */
    ZmLogin.showPanel =
    function() {

var html = [];
    var idx = 0;

html[idx++] = "<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 style='width:100%; height:100%'><tr><td>";
    html[idx++] = "<table width=450 align=center border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 style='border: 2px solid; border-color: #C7C7C7 #3E3E3E #3E3E3E #C7C7C7;'>";

html[idx++] = "<tr><td bgcolor='#FFFFFF'><div class='nazStyle'></div></td></tr>"; I TRIED ADDING THIS CODE
    html[idx++] = "<tr><td bgcolor='#FFFFFF'><div class='banner'></div></td></tr>";
    html[idx++] = "<tr><td id='loginPanel' class='mainPanel'>";

---------

But its seems not working,.

Later On, I Created a New Image for : LoginBanner.gif Adding my Company Logo to the existing Zimbra Logo... So that I can see both the Logos without violation of Zimbra...

http://www.mailvizag.com/zimbra/img/...oginBanner.gif

Now the problem is that I am not able to increase the Height of the Viewable image area : LoginBanner.gif , which is set as the Background of the TD HTML Tag....

http://mailvizag.com/

I dont know why customization of Zimbra is so complicated... I love open source technologies so I am looking forward to add my company Logo Easily in the Zimbra Login Screen...

Even if I can display this image http://mailvizag.com/zimbra/img/hiRes/dwt/Header.jpg on the top of the page, without editing the LoginBanner.gif, I would be happy

Please Help.

Not to get your hopes up, but if you are using the open source version I wouldn't expect to much help from the Zimbra guys. The license states unless you are using the Network Edition you're not suppose to alter things such as the login screen. Just an FYI.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

that's not true at all. search the forums for responses from the zimbra guys about customizing. while they don't encourage it, the license says something like as long as you keep the logos and copyright intact and visible on the pages specified, you can do anything else you like, including adding your own logos/images/layout and moving the zimbra logos/copyright.

if you're a network edition customer you can ask for a pdf that explains how to customize the screens, but those steps would be in contradiction to the opensource license. maybe a wiki entry would be good from someone who has sucessfully customized the open source version in accordance to the licenses. i'm hoping someone will come up with nice skins soon

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

ps - you have to restart tomcat to see changes.

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2
    i'm hoping someone will come up with nice skins soon
    Next version will have at least one more skin. The code has also been parameterized so it's easier to create new skins on your own.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Kevin, are you talking about version 3.1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by jml75
    Kevin, are you talking about version 3.1.1?
    Nope. 3.next (which I think will be called 3.2)
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.