Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Attachments Getting Munged

Default QP-encoded binary files still getting corrupted

The poorly named Bug 15612 - zimbra corrupts pdf generated by ms office with acrobat distiller documents a general problem that still appears to be happening in 5.0.1.

This is a general problem with any QP-encoded binary attachment. The bug was "fixed" by special-casing PDF files only.

I happened to see two instances of this today. Both are too private for public posting, but one is an Excel file sent from Zimbra Web Client 4.5.10 using Firefox 2.0.11 on a Mac and the other is an SPSS .sav file.

Workaround: Access the messages in question via IMAP. It looks like our legacy IMP webmail installation is going to have to stick around because in some cases (also intenationalization) it is more robust than ZWC.

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    What Zimbra version are you running?

Also, can you do a show original and zip it to this thread?

Thanks
    john
    I just got a report of something similar; message has attachment, shows paperclip, but no attachment shows up in the actual message.

RHEL 5; Zimbra 4.5.9. Attached .zip of show original file and jpg of web client. The file appears to be an Appleworks file (.cwk) of some sort. (Who the heck is still using that???? *headdesk*)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could it be this VERY old bug from ZCS 1.0?
    Bug 1444 - unable to view attachment: get base64 stack dump

Hmmm. As I recall, my tech on site (who sat down and attached the document and sent the email personally to make sure it wasn't user error... I'm not going to say anything else on that) said the sender is on a Mac, while that bug seems to indicate an OS of WinXP.

Also- cannot click on the attachment at all, it just doesn't show up in the message itself, only in the message list.

Default Solved

Quote Originally Posted by anand View Post
    taliskar,

Code:
    Apr 21 10:49:45 email amavis[25617]: (25617-01) WARN: MIME::Parser error: part did not end with expected boundary
    I was able to solve this missing attach problem configuring Amavisd to no check the Emails Headers.
    I do not remeber exactly where, but i read in a Amavis thread that is safe to disable the Headers check.

To do this you must add the following code to /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf.in :

Code:
    @bypass_header_checks_maps = (1);
    $bad_header_quarantine_to = undef;
    Then restart Zimbra or zmamavisdctl restart

Note: This work only emails received or created after the patch
    Patricio Bruna
    http://www.itlinux.cl

Quote Originally Posted by ssatre View Post
    I just got a report of something similar; message has attachment, shows paperclip, but no attachment shows up in the actual message.

RHEL 5; Zimbra 4.5.9. Attached .zip of show original file and jpg of web client. The file appears to be an Appleworks file (.cwk) of some sort. (Who the heck is still using that???? *headdesk*)
    Attached is the portion of the log file from today; the user in question attempted to send me the same document with the same results.

I'm not seeing any Amavisd errors... but to be honest, I'm not really sure what I should be looking for, which is why I'm posting it here.

Any bright ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Truncated Mails

Hi I'm also experiencing a similar problem. We are running Zimbra Version 5.0.2_GA_1975.RHEL4.FOSS. This issue happens randomly and has recently started to appear. So far this has happen to two of my users and it happens with regular mails which doesn't have attachments. The mails in question came from yahoo and gmail. I'm not sure but the antivirus had issues and we had disabled it from the zimbra system this was done 3 months ago and we've just start getting this problem. Any ideas?