Thread: multiple domains/alias to non zimbra server

Hybrid View

Default multiple domains/alias to non zimbra server

Here is what I would like to do. I have a domain called and that is setup as the main domain on my zimbra server. I also have a domain entitled the domain is managed by exchange. Some of my users are hosted by zimbra and some by the exchange server. In my current mail solution I create alias for the exchange users on the postfix box and use a transport relay to send the exchange domain to the correct server. However when I am unable to do this in zimbra. I do not want zimbra to forward all mail to mail server, but only certain users. How do i do that? Below is a little chart that might illustrate this a bit better

Mail from Internet-> Address to>Mikey, has a zimbra mailbox-> zimbra accepts and sends to his box.

mail from internet->address to ->Keith has an exchange box, as determined from an alias, ->zimbra forwards to Mail server.

Plymouth, uk

Ive just done exactly this in Zimbra, its almost the same as "normal" postfix, just with some zimbra wrappings..

First get the current transport maps with zmlocalconfig | grep transport, then update it to include your new transport file with
    zmlocalconfig -e postfix_transport_maps={/new/transport/map},{pre-existing zimbra map, taken from step above}

So my transport_maps directive for example is now:

Once its changed, `zmmtactl reload` will rewrite the config files and reload postfix for you.

Hope that helps

So i would need each alias in my new transport map? Is there a way to do it via any zimbra GUI. As this is a common task (20 times a month at least), making every change in this file would not be ideal. not to mention due to other domains, i need about 700 alias and managing that text file is not ideal. We currently use postfixadmin on our current setup to streamline administration. Any other suggestions as to how I can achieve similar administrative results?