Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time zone issue and COS

Default Time zone issue and COS

After the changing of the clocks, I noticed some problems with future appointments. When looking at the settings on the server (which has the correct time zone), I see that the times for the services are an hour ahead. Can anyone help?

That's odd. Ours are correct.

What version of Zimbra are you running? If you could update your profile with the data from running:

su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v

then you can often get answers more specific to your situation.

Default similar issue but different with Daylight savings change

I have my other application creating and inserting appointments via soap and xml.

All appointments scheduled for this month are now off by one hour.

It is only certain computers? it is very strange, and I have no clue why, can someone help enlighten me more?

dont the time zones come with zimbra? They are completely standard and what not, and we only need to follow these rules and guide if we want to change them somehow?

Changing ZCS Time Zones - Zimbra :: Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by weehours View Post
    After the changing of the clocks, I noticed some problems with future appointments. When looking at the settings on the server (which has the correct time zone), I see that the times for the services are an hour ahead. Can anyone help?

weehours, what operating system / machines are they running? I'm experiencing kinda the same problem and think it could be a m$ issue.

Debug info:

win 2000 <- future date/times are off by an hr
    xp w/ sp2 <- past date/times are off by an hr

... i forget it could be the other way around but still... very awkward

Any ideas? Would be much appreciated...

Some of my appointments are showing the right time and some are moved an hour later.

I have an appt for tomorrow. It should be at 3pm. It displays as 4pm in ZCS and on my Windows smart phone. If I edit the appointment in ZCS the form is correctly pre-populated with 3pm.

I dumped my calendar:
    Code:
    curl -k -u ${USER} https://zimbra/home/${USER}/calendar?fmt=ics > zimbra.ics
    I grepped the TZID of the appointment:
    DTSTART;TZID="GMT-08.00":20090108T080000

I have an old recurring appt on Thursday and it is displaying as expected.
    I grepped that TZID:
    DTSTART;TZID="(GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)":20071019T130000

The first appt does not have an exact match in timezones.ics ("GMT-08.00").
    Maybe if there is not an exact match it uses some inaccurate default?

Code:
    [zimbra@zebra conf]$ grep 'GMT-08' timezones.ics
    TZID:(GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
    TZID:(GMT-08.00) Tijuana / Baja California
    This is Zimbra 5.0.10 on RHEL

You might need to update the os on the windows mobile phone.

Preparing for daylight saving time changes in 2008

Let me know how it goes if you decide to go that route.

every appointment scheduled prior to sunday got bumped 1 hour and then synced to my third party system with the wrong time

that same scenario is not happening post sunday at 2am. Now all new appointments are correct in our system and wrong on the calnedar.

when I create a new appointment past a daylight savings time date, am I supposed to be doing something different?

I really need to get to the bottom of this, I appreciate any insight.

Were using soap/xml to communicate between environments. Do I need to send along the timezone as well or does it not matter since It seems to me that Zimbra only cares about the Date and Time such as 5:00 PM for March 14, 2009? And on the ZCS it calculates the timezone and daylight saving time since the AJAX version uses the user's local machine and standard uses the preference the user sets... am I missing something? I would think that passing in the timezone would only be used if I were to schedule lets say 5:00 PM for March 14, 2009 in California (I'm eastern) so my calendar would show the 3 hr difference b/c my end is eastern, I wanted the appointment in California representing the 5:00 PM time that I schedule... I did notice there is "location" and timezone field when creating a new appointment. Now I tried the location thing to see maybe if the system automatically figures out the timezone for the location (didn't work). So I tried changing the timezone... really I should be showing the California appointment as 8:00 PM here and if I went to California it would show 5:00 PM right? <- does this mean that I should send the timezone for wherever location I'm scheduling an appointment for???

I'm having the same issue with one of our employee's calendars. This is causing some major woe. I submitted support case 00036329, in case there are any Zimbra employees wanting to know more.