Thread: GlusterFS with Heartbeat

Default GlusterFS with Heartbeat

I'm researching various high availability options for zimbra. I know Zimbra supports the Red Hat option, but I was looking at alternatives.

I see here - some people have gotten DRBD and Heartbeat working. Can anyone report Zimbra NE in production on DRBD / Heartbeat.

Has anyone tried Zimbra on GlusterFS with Heartbeat? I've been poking around on the glusterfs web site, and their cluster software looks interesting. I'm going to get a test env't up and see how it performs.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command:

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriestedt View Post
    I see here - some people have gotten DRBD and Heartbeat working. Can anyone report Zimbra NE in production on DRBD / Heartbeat.
    The only supported high availability for NE use is RHEL Cluster Services, no other HA is supported and you will not receive support for any other configuration.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Understood if not NE then I believe building up a cluster using glusterfsand heartbeat can be a good option. Did you succeed in that? Do you have white papers on it or any other written material?

OK - So vavai just curious to know the cluster that you built was that a single server or multi server cluster? And do you have a goot write up on that? I have around 4000 users gonna use Zimbra OSS and looking for good clustering option.

So vavai, is that stuff tested in production environment? How many mailboxes it has? Just curious to know if the this setup can sustain in production.

Hey Vavai,

I just implemented your stuff and wow DRBD seems to be working. Now next challenge in front of me is to configure Heartbeat which I partially completed. Since this is CentOS 5.5 I created ha.cf, haresource and authkeys under /etc/ha.d. However I bit confused about haresource since I read that it can vary per linux flavor, so would you please let me know if below haresources file can suffice my need?

Here is my ha.cf file

[root@mail1.kus.net ~]# more /etc/ha.d/ha.cf
    keepalive 2
    deadtime 30
    warntime 10
    initdead 120
    bcast eth0
    node mail1.kus.net
    node mail2.kus.net
    auto_failback on
    crm yes

authkeys
    auth 1
    1 sha1 MySecret

haresources

[root@mail1.kus.net ~]# more /etc/ha.d/haresources
    mail1.kus.net IPaddr::192.168.1.128/24/eth0 drbddisk::r0 Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/opt::ext3 zimbra