I'm evaluating Zimbra for installation at a small business (5 employees) with two domains. Currently email is hosted by ISP and they access it via POP3. i don't want email sent directly to Zimbra, as the business doesn't have a static IP.
I plan to follow Ubuntu Install Guide. How does this configuration sound?
- ms.domain1.com as the mail server - do I need aliases for both or just one?
- Create a domain alias
- Use fetchmail to retrieve emails from external servers (plan is to leave emails for 7 days for extra protection)
I have a few questions:
- The mapping between the two domains is not one-to-one (i.e. email@example.com is a different person to firstname.lastname@example.org) - will domain aliases support this?
- The two domains are for "separate" businesses, so replies need to come from the correct domain - is this possible with domain aliases?
- Would it be more sensible to just setup accounts for each email on the domain?
- Is there anything else I should be aware of?