Thread: Using and maintaining the address book

Hybrid View

Default Using and maintaining the address book

Hello,

How do I maintain the address book such as:

1. get the contacts that not assigned to any group
    2. show the contacts of each group from the webmail client (advance interface)

please note that the second point is very important as the user couldn't see the contacts for x group.

Cheers,

1 you probably can't do without doing some scripting using zmmailbox.

Im not sure what you mean by 2. if you go into your addressbook and select a contact group it should show you all the members in the big pane in the middle of the screen.

1. Is there any document to do this or to teach us how we can write scripting?

2. I'm using the yahoo interface and the AJAX, when I go to new message then click on TO field it show the contacts in POP layer, through this I'm able to see all the contacts plus the groups, but not able to see the contacts of each group < how do I see the contain contacts of each group?

Cheers,

you'll need to use zmmailbox, see teh wiki here

Zmmailbox - Zimbra :: Wiki

you'll want to look at the options under zmmailbox help contact

Quote Originally Posted by snake_eyes View Post
    2. I'm using the yahoo interface and the AJAX, when I go to new message then click on TO field it show the contacts in POP layer, through this I'm able to see all the contacts plus the groups, but not able to see the contacts of each group < how do I see the contain contacts of each group?
    When your in the address picker currently all you can do is mouseover to see a few names/whatever will fit on your screen:

Feel free to open an RFE on exposing them more (should probably implement Bug 13954 - Should be able to resize address picker first). Most just go to the addressbook if they need to examine them all - you can't toggle back and forth in Franklin because the screen will disappear, but we've added separate compose tabs in GnR:

One trick is to select it in the address picker or type it into the address bar and the contact group members are auto-expanded:

However there is an contradicting Bug 31269 - RFE: do not automatically expand contact groups in the To and Cc boxes when composing in which I've noted:
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorse
    ------- Comment #2 From Mike -------

Might implemnt it as an 'do not expand' preference; or hidden by default, but have a tiny click to expand group names button in the address
    fields.

Expanding allows you to see who's in the contact group, and easily edit out a few names you don't want to include this time (rather than creating a new list).

To that end it's a pain to create a new contact group/list:

-You can't shift + drag to create a copy in local addressbooks bug 34989 (not
    committed)

-We no longer have the the big text block area in favor of a more robust listview (produces less errors) so you can't select all then copy into a new group. bug 25906 comment 18
    Old style http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/attachment.cgi?id=9849
    New style: http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/attachment.cgi?id=994

Other points:

The contact picker "to:" button only shows 1 or 2 addresses in the group, and just a few more names when you mouseover the list; but still no way to view all/edit out selectively (if we don't expand after insert per this bug).

ZWC does a better job scrolling large to/cc/bcc fields then we used to.
    Last edited by mmorse; 03-25-2009 at 12:54 PM.