Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ZIMBRA SMTP AUTH problem

Quote Originally Posted by c1nco View Post
    The below --

In combination with the below --

I can confirm WORKS!

I have been trying different solutions for a couple days to try and limit users from sending from any domain/persona/identity using external client (in my case thunderbird 10) -- this solution is working great!

Only minor change I made was to comment out the following line in /opt/zimbra/conf/zmmta.cf --

#POSTCONF smtpd_sender_restrictions LOCAL postfix_smtpd_sender_restrictions

(it was overwriting smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_sender_login_mismatch in main.cf)

Thank you!

First post woo!
    Hi c1nco,

I will try again with your tips and I will report here.

Thanks Man!

Hi,

sorry for hacking this post but I felt instead of initiating new post, I can continue the same. I have implemented suggestions mentioned in post # 71 and it worked without any issue for zimbra webmail but users who are using outlook they started getting below error while sending the mails :

"Temporary lookup failure"

Note : I have mentioned "reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch" in main.cf

Any idea why outlook user's got impacted ?

One more thing..I have mentioned below thing in main.cf :

smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch

Do I need to mention permit_mynetworks ???

Hi All,

I have enabled the SMTP Auth on my Zimbra Server (Open Source), email for external domain required password but if i send email to a local domain user through MS Outlook, it is not required password and email delivered to user successfully. Strange Why It's delivered without password!!!!!

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Vinay Rana

Quote Originally Posted by c1nco View Post
    The below --

In combination with the below --

I can confirm WORKS!

I have been trying different solutions for a couple days to try and limit users from sending from any domain/persona/identity using external client (in my case thunderbird 10) -- this solution is working great!

Only minor change I made was to comment out the following line in /opt/zimbra/conf/zmmta.cf --

#POSTCONF smtpd_sender_restrictions LOCAL postfix_smtpd_sender_restrictions

(it was overwriting smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_sender_login_mismatch in main.cf)

Thank you!

First post woo!
    Hello c1nco,

I tried to follow your instructions, but unfortunately without success. First of all, I couldn't persist any modification in /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/main.cf (logged as zimbra). Secondly, the /opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-slm.cf and /opt/zimbra/conf/zmmta.cf don't exist, I had to use ldap-scm.cf instead.

Finally, I don't know how to put the following configuration in use:

proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks $sender_bcc_maps $recipient_bcc_maps $smtp_generic_maps $lmtp_generic_maps proxy:ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-slm.cf

What file or zm command do I need to use?

Thanks in advance.
    >> IGOMFS >
    >> Release 8.0.0_GA_5434.RHEL6_64_20120907144639 CentOS6_64 FOSS edition >

@igomfs

I see you are using zimbra 8 , please see my notes to configure this here: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...tml#post250465 .