Thread: A bug - right click menu in email header not working

Thumbs down A bug - right click menu in email header not working

In Firefox 2.x and 3.x, right-clicking on any email address only in the header of the email doesn't work. Hovering over does give the tooltip with the instructions but nothing else.

This is a major bug.

What version are you using? http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...html#post62754
    Does right clicking an email address work in the body? If not, do you have com_zimbra_email deployed? Is it enabled on their COS/account?
    By specifying FF2&3 can we assume said action works in other browsers?

Should look like:

The browser right menu is replaced - one RFE you might want to vote for: Bug 31732 - RFE: Add "Copy Email Address" to the right-button menu
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-01-2009 at 04:46 PM.

I am using FF 2 & 3. It does not respond the way you show in the image.
    Yes, it does work in the message body as advertised.
    It does if I use ZDesktop just fine but not the webclient. This is also the case for the latest Safari version on both Tiger and Leopard.

I'm seeing the same thing with Safari 3.2.1 under Tiger. Also with Firefox 3.07 under XP. Same with IE 8 under XP. See my info for ZCS version.

Agreed, ewilen. yes, those, too.
    I have tried every latest version of FF including 3.1.x and Safari. Forget about Konqueror even though it is built on WebKit.

But it doesn't happen with the Zdesktop Beta in any of the OS'. If you can make it work in Zdesktop under Prism, why not in any other browser?
    Last edited by bmw; 04-05-2009 at 03:33 AM.

Can't right-click on Sent By or To data in the header; but the On (date) context menu works fine - in: Google Chrome 2, IE6, FF3.0.8, Mozilla Prism (binary shipped with ZDesktop B3 - but pointed at local server URL)

Error console in FF:

Code:
    Error: B is undefined
    Source File: http://mail.bishopbarrington.net/zimbra/js/Startup1_2_all.js.zgz?v=090303143327
    Line: 11227
    Javascript debug in Chrome:

Code:
    uncaught exception TypeError: Cannot call method 'getAddress' of undefined
    Last edited by webman; 04-06-2009 at 03:26 AM.
    Craig Rodway » Flickr | Last.fm | Del.icio.us | Twitter

Thumbs up

Yep, you are correct. It is weird to me that in Zdesktop it has all those features and is stil in beat. Sorry, Zimbr-ettes, gotta get some reality check here. (see attachment)

If you can give some roadmap as to the where the bug fixes and RFE's are being scheduled that will certainly help quell continued and duplicative questions. Put it up on the Support landing page. Communication is everything and cuts done on your need to respond to everything. Create a "sticky" in the forums, too for this. If I missed that my apologies for being an ignoramus.

Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images

Turns out it has been reported. I just found the bugzilla entry for this: Bug 32517 - "Right-click for more options" on address in email.

Currently listed as UNCONFIRMED

BMW, there's also Zimbra Product Portal for tracking planned fixes and enhancements, although I'm not quite sure how things get listed there.
    Last edited by ewilen; 04-06-2009 at 01:02 PM.

So, based on recent comments in the bug, it looks like Prism vs. other browsers isn't really the issue--it's that ZDesktop doesn't have IM.

Also, bmw, I found this blog entry, which elucidates some of the philosophy behind how things are prioritized: Open Source Product Management: How do features get into Zimbra?»Zimbra :: Blog

Excellent and thanks for the update. If we can stay in tune with their roadmap and bugfixes we may be able to get through some of this muck.

Also, if we suggest some priority as a group to what we need fixed now rather than other things that may still be able to operate broken without any security breaches, we may have some better working items.

Thanx
    Bruce