Thread: Migration Wizard Problem

Hybrid View

Default Migration Wizard Problem

Hi,

i am trying to migrate Exchange 2003 accounts to our new zimbra server running on RHEL4. I am doing this with the ZCS Migration Wizard for Exchange from a pc running xp. I have outlook 2003 set up with an admins account, and am using that profile in the migration wizard.

I am able to get to step 6 without much trouble, but when its time to define the users to be migrated i get errors.

When selecting the Object Picker i get the error "The program cannot open the required dialog box because no locations can be found."

When selecting Query Builder the Browse button doesnt respond and trying to create a filter gives me this error "The directory service is currently unavailable."

I do IT for a 50 person company, and we are seriously concidering the switch to zimbra. I am stuck without support for now. Any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by danscott; 05-05-2006 at 11:14 AM.

are you logged on to the domain and is the dc reachable?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

what domain do i need to be logged into? i dont know what a dc is. I have full admin rights on the pc workstation i'm using, and the MAPI profile is mine and i have admin. priveledges in exchange.

Our exchange service is hosteed by DSLExtreme.

thanks
    d.s.

You must be logged on to a user account in the same domain as the exchange server.

We'll have to investigate the best way to augment the migration wizard to support hosted exchange deployments. I've filed an enhancement request (7511) to keep track of this: http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7511
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

I assume then that with a hosted exchange service, the only way to migrate the accounts is to set up exchange and zimbra on one clients and drag and drop folders from one to the other.

is there a better way?
    if not, is their a client that will perform this faster and more reliably then another.

thank you
    d.s.

You could backup the mailboxes with outlook to PST's then use the PST ImportWizard. You will not get the same fidelity as if the content was migrated with the MigrationWizard.
    Sam Khavari