Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error importing PST

Default Error importing PST

Hello,

I implemented a ZCS installation over a month ago and everything has been working great. Recently, I added a new account and needed to use the ZCS Outlook Import utility and ran into the following error during import: "Unable to logon to profile". Just last week, I imported over 10 PST files with no issue. I've attempted to import other PST files into other accounts and get the same error, even with PST files that imported fine before. Any suggestions?

Are you using external authentication (ie AD) for the accounts?
    I had a similar issue and found that the user account was locked.

Another similar error was caused by an account which was misspelled into the AD.

[]'s
    Eri

Nope, not using any external authentication. I actually get past the authentication portion of the import, the error occurs a few seconds after I begin to upload the PST. I've tried from several different computers using different PST files as well as different user accounts.

Which version of the PST import wizard are you using? On an earlier version, I think it was 5.0.11, there was a bug that allowed you to ignore the certificate warning when authenticating as the admin on port 7071, but when the migration began, it rechecked the certificate, even if you checked ignore, and failed on the login. Should be fixed in the 5.0.15 version of the PST import wizard, which should run fine against an older release of ZCS.

I was originally using 5.0.11 but found the 5.0.15 connector in a different forum and tried that with the same results.

I have the same error and also using version 5.0.15 NE (trial period).

Any help welcome.

Any update on this? This is starting to cause some serious productivity issues as we need to have public access in Zimbra to the contents of that PST file...

I was able to import my pst files after using (M$) scanpst.exe to fix the files. It appears that most pst files are more or less corrupted !

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. Tried and it came back with no errors found in the file. This is getting frustrating

I've resolved this. The problem was that I was running the utility from machines running Server 2003 (I don't have any windows workstations readily available here) so I just loaded a vm for Windows XP on my laptop and imported from there and it worked.