Thread: Can not motify / single instant of reoccurring meeting from different timezone

Default Can not motify / single instant of reoccurring meeting from different timezone

I filed this bug but didn't get much traction.

Bug 36857 – Can not motify / single instant of reoccurring meeting from different timezone

I thought was kind of strange because I believe this is a critical bug that impact the basic calendar function.

The problem is not able to modify single instant of on-going meeting including deleting (canceling) one. The is on all AJAX clients include Zimbra Desktop. Is modify meeting from different timezone not a big requirement for most people?

everyone has different priorities. theres plenty of bugs that for me seem critical and are unresolve, but this one does not since all of my employees are in the same time zone. and at least this one seems to have a workaround to use the html client.

that being said starting new threads for every bug is not the way to make them gain traction.

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    everyone has different priorities. theres plenty of bugs that for me seem critical and are unresolve, but this one does not since all of my employees are in the same time zone. and at least this one seems to have a workaround to use the html client.

that being said starting new threads for every bug is not the way to make them gain traction.
    I agree and that's why I ask if this seem important for everyone else. And I am also try make everyone aware of this issue. While I discovered the standard client can be a workaround, Try to explain to the Office Admin that she have to switch to HTML client for this or that she can not use Zimbra Desktop for this (i.e. You can not switch to HTML on Zimbra desktop now can you). Or that have she explain to her boss why the meeting attendees all got 3~4 meeting modification request for this one modification after the fact is another story. Because the only way to avoid the multiple meeting modification is to have Zimbra Administrator modify the calendars for all Attendees from the backend.
    Last edited by thorng; 04-10-2009 at 08:54 PM.