I recently reported a bug in the Documents section of Zimbra:
Bug 36961 – Better spreadsheet editing.
Hopefully I am missing something here and someone can tell me how to fix this as I have looked everywhere and found nothing to help.
In IE the spreadsheet works great. If I didn't know any better I would think that I were using a mini Excel within the "Sheet." You are able to use arrow keys to move to different cells. You can just start typing and the data will input into the cell. Like I said, using the spreadsheet in IE works fine.
Unfortunately IE is the ONLY browser that properly uses the spreadsheet. All other browsers (So far I have tried Firefox (and other Mozilla alternatives), Chrome, and Safari in Linux, Windows, OSX, and Nexenta (Opensolaris). In any other browser other than IE you must double click on a cell to edit. You must click on the cell to choose it. You can not use the arrow keys to move around the spreadsheet. It is a horrible experience.
To top it off this bug is also in ZDesktop. Editing the spreadsheet is horrid because you have to also double click on cells within the spreadsheet in order to edit them. You also can not use the arrow keys. I was told that ZDesktop was mozilla based, so I suppose it is nothing more than an offline browser.
If anybody has had experience with this or knows how to correct this... Our company's goal was to eliminate as many external applications as possible. We also wanted to remove the exchange server and replace all the workstatins with low powered pico-atx based systems running an open OS (most likely Linux [Debian]). I know bugs take quite a while to get around to but this is really stopping the train.