Thread: Additional contact information in GAL

Default Additional contact information in GAL

2 questions,
    1. can I default all the users to using the GAL instead of the address book.

2. When a user searches the GAL all they get back is the email address, I was hoping it would be more like Exchange GAL where they pull back all of the other attributes. I have tried this with both external and internal GAL's and neither shows more than the email address.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by travs69 View Post
    2 questions,
    1. can I default all the users to using the GAL instead of the address book.
    set zimbraPrefGalSearchEnabled to TRUE for each user. this only applies to the contact picker i think

2. When a user searches the GAL all they get back is the email address, I was hoping it would be more like Exchange GAL where they pull back all of the other attributes. I have tried this with both external and internal GAL's and neither shows more than the email address.
    there are a few rfe's regarding expanding the capability of the gal you can vote for, such as this one

Bug 27362 – Make other attributes visible in GAL autocomplete

Thanks for the reply..

I'm don't think that bug is the same issue I'm seeing. If I go to address book and choose Global Address List and search for someone. When I click their name I get their first and last name, and email address, but I don't get any of the other information that shows up in their account information (phone number, mail address) when I look at their account in the admin section.

As a 3rd question, when I choose GAL I loose the ability to use the All, 123, a, b, etc buttons but I believe I saw a bug about being able to browse the GAL so that may be related to that issue.

I have tried using both an internal gal (I populated all the information from the external gal) and an external gal (AD) but both act the same.