Thread: Zimbra Crash !

Default Zimbra Crash !

Hi,

Zimbra crashed yest night coz of a power failure which lasted longer than the backup could support.. I had a three day old backup.. Basically Ldap failed to start as the db got corrupt..

I tried restoring using db_recover and following steps in the older forum posts. But Things didn't work out. Finally I replaced the corrupt portion i.e. openldap folder from my older backup and changed permissions using zmfixperms and LDAP started finally !

I lost three accounts which I had created in the last three days. But not much harm done as these accounts weren't used so far.

I was wondering if there are inconsistencies coz of putting the older LDAP files in place of the new ones. Everythng seems to be fine. But I am skeptical.. Need some guidance to check if everything is fine ! What are the commands that can check my server and for issues which might have been caused by this crash..

I was also wondering if it is possible to sync data back from zdesktop to server in case the server realizes that the data on zimbra desktop is more recent..

I would appreciate if I could be guided... I guess a lot of people would face issues.. I have decided to backup my server daily atleast a couple of times. Saves me from a lot of unnecessary tension..

Any guidance and help is welcome !

Abhinav Toshniwal

This worked for me last time my LDAP crashed or refused to start with bad errors.
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...html#post52482

your LDAP may not be really crroupt. using this you can export and imort the db..it may fix the issue.

* you need to run this script as root and once done run the following as root to fix all permissions

/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --verbose --extended

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

The Link http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...html#post52482 was the first thing I tried. It didn't work..

So finally we copied the old ldap files.. Now it's working but I have another issue..

I changed the machine as the crash caused some problems on the OS. I setup Fedora the same as before and restored Zimbra from my backup. Everything Seemed fine but there was one error !

Zimbra Logger pages says Zimbra Logger not installed though zmcontrol status says its fine ! I got a link on the forum and will try that out.. Any more pointers ?

Abhinav Toshniwal

Check /opt/zimbra/log/mysql_error.log for any messages. It could also be a sign that DNS or /etc/hosts is not quite right so please post the following aswell
    Code:
    cat /etc/hosts
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    dig yourdomain mx
    dig yourdomain any
    host `hostname` <- note backticks and not single quotes

Hi,

I have a serious problem. Need help URGENTLY. As I mentioned that I had a power surge and Zimbra crashed.

Now I copied the folder changed permissions and everything started. But since the backup was three days old There were certain differences. After I took the backup on Monday, I deleted a couple of accounts the next day. And added 3.

Now the couple of accounts that I deleted still exist. And if I try deleting them again I get an error.

The recreated accounts worked fine but now I am fining one of the 3 accounts missing.. If I try recreating it it says it already exists in either as an Account, DIstribution List or Resource, Alias. But the admin aconsole cant find it anyhow...

Help me out so that no further damages occurs..