Thread: zcs-5.0.14, samba and NT_STATUS_PASSWORD_MUST_CHANGE

Default zcs-5.0.14, samba and NT_STATUS_PASSWORD_MUST_CHANGE

Hey guys, I'm new to ZCS, so forgive me if what I'm posting is wrong.

I'm getting a NT_STATUS_PASSWORD_MUST_CHANGE error on accounts created with Zimbra Admin UI on FC7 with zcs-5.0.14_GA_2850.F7.20090303145157. Samba version is 3.0.34.

On previous searches, I've found a post from maumar (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...tml#post127919) with the same error, pointing out to sambaPwdLastSet attribute.

After running some tests, I concluded that it's definitely related to the lack of sambaPwdLastSet attribute. Setting it manually with LdapAdmin makes the problem go away.

I'm using zimbra_posixaccount, zimbra_samba and zimbraSambaPassword extensions. Everything works, except samba password related attributes. It appears that sambaPwdLastSet, sambaPwdMustChange and other related attributes are not set by Zimbra Admin UI.

I'm not sure wich extension is responsable for setting these atributes, or even if any of them is design to do this at all, but I'm inclined to think that zimbra_samba extension should be doing this. AFAIK, zimbraSambaPassword only syncs zimbra passwords to samba NT and LM passwords.

Can anyone confirm this or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
    You may not enjoy living together, but dying together isn't gonna solve anything, anyway.

Hi

I am having exactly the same issue.

However, I've also noticed that if you tick Password Never Expires when creating the user, the problem goes away. This is not the solution, just a temp fix. Is anyone aware of a more permanent solution?

Thanks

Apparently not. It seems that this is not a problem to anyone. But I don't see the point of having a samba enviroment if I can't provide a password security policy.
    You may not enjoy living together, but dying together isn't gonna solve anything, anyway.