Thread: IE8 and forwarding mail with external images

Hybrid View

Default IE8 and forwarding mail with external images

I'm seeing a trend here regarding Zimbra with IE8 and external images. it won't allow them to reply or forward. I tested it and verified the problem myself, as well having several users report it as well.

IE8 and a message with external images are the keys. I'm using NE 5.0.16 on RH 5.3 Ent on the server side as well.

Try replying to or forwarding a message with external images and all I get are buttons that grey out and a message from IE8 regarding sending data from outside web pages. It then procedes to sit there doing nothing.
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

Additionally I tested this on 3 different Win XP systems with IE8 as well as a
    system with Win7.

I narrowed down the issue to specific circumstances.
    - Start IE8, open Zimbra
    - Find the email
    - Click "Display Images"
    - Popup warning will say "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? ...."
    - Click the Yes button
    - No images will load if they are not linked with https:// links
    - Reply or Forward will work, but when you hit Send all the buttons will greyed out and nothing happens.

The catch is if you click the No button rather than Yes, everything works. The logic is weird, but it makes sense. Click No and you accept non-secure images as well as any https.

Zimbra's issue stems from clicking the Yes button.
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now