Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: [SOLVED] Problems with Esternal Auth and users

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Exclamation [SOLVED] Problems with Esternal Auth and users

    My zimbra version is:

    Release 5.0.16_GA_2921.RHEL5_64_20090429051405 CentOS5_64

    And my external authentication:

    LDAP Url: ldap://172.16.1.51:389
    LDAP Filter: (uid=%u)
    LDAP Base Search: dc=mydomain,dc=com
    Bind DN: cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com
    Bind DN Password: password

    I try too with Base: ou=People,dc=mydomain,dc=com)

    Openldap : 172.16.1.51
    Zimbra: 172.16.1.49

    My LDAP works with Samba.....when configure a External Authentication the test is OK!

    But when i try login in zimbra cant access if the account not exists in zimbra...... is this normal??

    Why i need create the account?? For that is External LDAP or not?

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by latre View Post
    But when i try login in zimbra cant access if the account not exists in zimbra...... is this normal??

    Why i need create the account?? For that is External LDAP or not?
    You need to provision your accounts in Zimbra as well, provisioning the accounts does more (in Zimbra) than just provide Authentication.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You need to provision your accounts in Zimbra as well, provisioning the accounts does more (in Zimbra) than just provide Authentication.
    Ok.....works if a i provisioning all accounts , but that is not optimus...

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    There's an RFE in bugzilla to auto provision users from an external LDAP server if you'd care to vote on it.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    There's an RFE in bugzilla to auto provision users from an external LDAP server if you'd care to vote on it.
    Your link was only directly to Bugzilla, not the bug phoenix, got link or Bugzilla number?

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flums View Post
    Your link was only directly to Bugzilla, not the bug phoenix, got link or Bugzilla number?
    It was a link to the search page, enter 'auto provision' to find the RFE.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Thx phoenix

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Imapsync auth method problem
    By guigsilva in forum Migration
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 05:17 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 09:56 PM
  3. HOWTO? Whitelist IP Block + SMTP Auth Users
    By stbain in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 12:42 PM
  4. Enable SMTP Auth to external users
    By VictorMedina in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 11:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •