Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to remove duplicates?

Default How to remove duplicates?

After importing a bunch of boxes, I am finding duplicate contacts, messages and even calendar entries. Is there an easy way to remove duplicates in user boxes?

thank you

Not anything we supply. How did you get the dups? Re-run the migrate over and over?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

I'm having similar problems with large amounts of duplicate contacts. I think it was a botched import procedure.

Is there a util out there that can clean up an outlook contact list?

Maybe export, delete all contacts in outlook, then re-import using the "overwrite duplicates" functionality. That might work, but I'll have to give it a shot. Would they just be sync'ed back down from zimbra though if I did that?

My personal favorite is to use Apple Address book. You can use the iSync connector to sync your contacts then use the 'Find/Merge duplicates' option to fix up your contacts. Syncing back to Zimbra leaves your contact duplicate free. There are some similar plugins to Outlook that I've tried but none have worked as well as the Mac trick.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

I ran into this issue once, I ended up downloading a third party trail add-on to Outlook which put all my duplicates into another folder. The trail has since expired and I have removed the add-on, but my duplicates are all cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    My personal favorite is to use Apple Address book. You can use the iSync connector to sync your contacts then use the 'Find/Merge duplicates' option to fix up your contacts. Syncing back to Zimbra leaves your contact duplicate free. There are some similar plugins to Outlook that I've tried but none have worked as well as the Mac trick.
    I like it. I will attempt this later.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

There is also a free tool here although I haven't used it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

.... or this one might be of more use for removing contacts etc as well as mail.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for those options phoenix, they seem very reasonably priced.

Kevin, I am having problems getting the iSync connector to work. Does it handle self signed certs on the server side? I cant get it past the authentication step.

On that same note, I really need to get a new cert installed in tomcat. i will play with that once I move the Zimbra system over to RHEL from CENTOS.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyRo
    Kevin, I am having problems getting the iSync connector to work. Does it handle self signed certs on the server side? I cant get it past the authentication step.
    Yes it should. We had it that way before we got our real cert for our mail server. You need to have the latest version (0.9.12 or better) as there was some problems with certs before that came out.