I'm confused on the best practices wrt spam blocking in v 3.11 - it seems like many of the suggestions on the forums are incorporated into the Zimbra feature set now and do not need to be done manually, but I'm not sure. Correction/clarification/answers on these assumptions/questions is appreciated.
1. DSPAM and SA are two separate tools that work together to detect SPAM. both are incorporated into Zimbra without additional steps.
2. Should DSPAM alone should catch some spam without any SA training?
3. Will messages flagged by DSPAM into the junk mail or will they just be blackholed?
4. In this latest Zimbra version what is the best way to train SA? I see references to various methods but it is unclear which are relevant to the latest release.
5. How can I identify HAM if the messages are not identified as SPAM in the first place (i.e. if they don't make it into the Junk folder I can't click "Not Junk" to get them out which I believe is what tells Zimbra the message is ham).
6. What log file will show me DSPAM and SA activity?
Any insights are appreciated...
Example header that did not get marked as SPAM but was (I think) obviously SPAM
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by zimbra.dyers.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id ACABC10A1E8;
Thu, 18 May 2006 10:19:33 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from zimbra.dyers.net ([127.0.0.1])
by localhost (zimbra.dyers.net [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024)
with ESMTP id 07036-06; Thu, 18 May 2006 10:19:16 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from 1841BB60 (p3211-ipad31hodogaya.kanagawa.ocn.ne.jp [126.96.36.199])
by zimbra.dyers.net (Postfix) with SMTP id 69C6010A1DB
for <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Thu, 18 May 2006 10:19:15 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from localhost ([188.8.131.52] helo=lwaxana.til.UFPE.BR)
by smtp6.cistron.nl with esmtp (Exim 2.70 #1 (til))
id 9AHg8h-8214bE-00; Thu, 18 May 2006 10:19:31 -0800
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:19:31 -0800
From: "AnalysisMort" <Home.Analysis@ling.gu.se>
X-DSPAM-Processed: Thu May 18 10:19:16 2006
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-0.84 tagged_above=-10 required=5 autolearn=ham