Thread: Cannot edit calendar entries after domain change

Exclamation Cannot edit calendar entries after domain change

Our domain name was renamed with "zmprov -l renameDomain" and now users cannot edit their old calendar entries/appointments, including reoccurring meetings. This is do to their old account name, with the old domain name still being listed as the organizer and hence the owner of the appointment.

I have tried creating an alias domain from old-to-new, using both the old method and createAliasDomain in 5.0.16, and I have tried creating an individual user alias from old-to-new. Neither of these work.

There are multiple bugs and forum posts about this, some of them are years old because this issue existed before renameDomain do to changing individual account names.

Bug 26736 – Ability to change a username globally on all appointments
    Bug 27707 – Cant edit calendar entries after renameDomain
    Bug 27647 – Ability to assign ownership (ie change organizer) of meetings based on search criteria
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...er-script.html
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...me-change.html
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general...s-account.html

Does anyone for a workaround or fix for this? Do I have to open a support ticket?

UPDATE:
    I stand corrected, createAliasDomain appears to have worked. Yesterday I deleted the old domain alias and re-created it with createAliasDomain. And yesterday is didn't work, people couldn't edit their old calendar appointments. Today at least 3 of our users have been able to edit old entries. My only guess is that there was some browser cache issue.

Here is what I did:
    Old domain = example.net
    New domain = example.com
    After renameDomain, the old domain was recreated as a pre-5.0.16 domain alias. I deleted it and created it with the new createAliasDomain.

zmprov dd example.net
    zmprov createAliasDomain example.net example.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress @example.com

Thanks,
    Anton

ZCS 5.0.16 NE
    Last edited by antoncohen; 06-24-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    I was concerned about the side effects mentioned on post #3:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...html#post61628

I stand corrected, createAliasDomain appears to have worked. Yesterday I deleted the old domain alias and re-created it with createAliasDomain. And yesterday is didn't work, people couldn't edit their old calendar appointments. Today at least 3 of our users have been able to edit old entries. My only guess is that there was some browser cache issue.

Here is what I did:
    Old domain = example.net
    New domain = example.com
    After renameDomain, the old domain was recreated as a pre-5.0.16 domain alias. I deleted it and created it with the new createAliasDomain.

zmprov dd example.net
    zmprov createAliasDomain example.net example.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress @example.com

-Anton
    Last edited by antoncohen; 06-24-2009 at 02:20 PM.