Thread: [SOLVED] Zimbra 5.0.16 self signed certificates and subjectAltNames

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] Zimbra 5.0.16 self signed certificates and subjectAltNames

Hi,

Hoping someone can help, I've spent days trying to get this working but all suggestions on wiki and forums seem to fail.

I've tried adding subjectAltNames via the Admin Console but they never seem to work (or show under view certificates).

I've tried using zmcertmgr createcsr, but as soon as I add -subject or -subjectAltNames parameters, the command returns as if I have invalid syntax.

Is there a problem with subjectAltNames under 5.0.16 of Zimbra? Can anyone point me to instructions or a wiki entry that has worked for them?

Many Thanks
    Last edited by stevehw; 06-25-2009 at 04:13 AM.

To follow up, I managed to get the createcsr working (typing error on my part), followed by createca, createcrt and deploycrt, can now perform the same functions via cli as the Admin console.

However the same problem remains, when I view the certificates the SubjectAltName part is always empty.

Got it working

Code:
    sudo /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr createcsr self -new -subject "/C=UK/ST=N\/A/L=N\/A/O=<company>/OU=<company>/CN=<domain>" -subjectAltNames "<alt-domain1>,<alt-domain2>"

sudo /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr createcrt -days 365

sudo /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr deploycrt self