Thread: Not able to send mails to external domain

Threaded View

Unhappy Not able to send mails to external domain

Hi,

Our users are facing one strange issue. They are getting below error message while sending mail to external domain through ourlook express.

#################################################

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was test@yahoo.com. Subject '', Account: mail.example.com, Server: mail.example.com, Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <test@yahoo.com>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

#################################################

And at server end I am getting below mentioned error :

###############################################

Jul 16 17:37:32 mail postfix/smtpd[22186]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[161.231.232.1]: 554 5.7.1 <test@yahoo.com>: Relay access denied; from=<user@example.com> to=<test@yahoo.com> proto=SMTP helo=<01HW162613>

###############################################

I checked outlook configuration...everything is fine.."my server need authentication" and "same setting for my incoming server" is checked ..SSL for IMAP and POP3 is unchecked under Advanced.
    SSL for IMAP and POP3 is unchecked at server end as well..

Only one strange thing i found that everytime its giving above mentioned error for IP with "unknown" mark....

SO for testing purpose I added user's desktop m/c ip in mail server's postconfig mynetwork and it worked...that particular user was able to send mail.....i never faced this issue.....
    This is not the solution....is there any specific configuration i need to checked ??? my postfix mynetwork is as below :
    mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 <mail server ip network> /24

And one more thing, through web interface user are able to send / recevie mails w/o any isuse..only the problem with outlook express and ms outlook while sending mails to external domain.

Please help me...i did all testing..but no luck

Thanks
    Last edited by chandu; 07-16-2009 at 06:33 AM.