Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: GAL Problem after Upgrade

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    10

    Default GAL Problem after Upgrade

    Hey everybody,

    After upgrading to the latest release, when I compose a message click "To", select "Global Address List" and do the "." search, the list is displayed but it only shows Last Names followed by the email address.

    Previously, the GAL would show Last Name, First Name.....

    Any thoughts?

    Cheers,

    Travis

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Are you using an external GAL or the internal GAL?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thanks Kevin,

    Just using the Internal one provided with the Zimbra install.

    Cheers,

    Travis

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Ok I just tried and it worked fine here. I noticed some entries had blanks but those are entries that didn't have the full contact info filled out in the GAL. Can you go into the admin UI and verify that those accounts are fully populated. First, Last, and Display names?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yup. They are fully populated.

    I re-entered the name/Display Name on one account and saved. Just to see what would happen.....no effect....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    This problem seems to have resolved itself.

    I wish I could tell you how but I can't. I have switched my GAL configuration to "External", just pointing back at the Zimbra box, but it was already functioning properly again before I did that, so that was not it.

    Cheers,

    Travis

Similar Threads

  1. 4.01 to 4.02 upgrade problem (with solution)
    By criley in forum Migration
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 12:36 AM
  2. GAL Bind DN permission problem with AD
    By rjpaw in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 03:27 PM
  3. 3.1.3OS Upgrade Problem
    By mcevoys in forum Installation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 10:47 AM
  4. 3.0.1 GA upgrade problem
    By kollross in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 11:42 AM
  5. Odd GA upgrade problem
    By drewage in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 10:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •