Thread: Filters and Contact Groups

Default Filters and Contact Groups

I have a situation where I am trying to use filters to forward an incoming message to a group of addresses (phones) in an emergency. Does anyone know if it is possible to do this, or do I have to specify each individual address in the filter individually?

I need to automate the forwarding of a message, that comes in as a text message from a phone. Then if it comes from a certain address (phone number) and contains certain information it will be forwarded out to a group of addresses (other phones). That works except only when I specify the forward address individually and not as a contact group. I get an error that it is not a valid address (no domain).

I cannot use a distribution list because the addresses that need to be forward to are not hosted on the system.

Any ideas of what I can do.

The reason for this is that the Mobile J2ME does not seem to support contact groups properly, and therefore cannot be used to email to in this situation.

Accounts can be added to a distribution list even if they are not hosted on your server.

Oh, I totally overlooked that part. But I don't think it still provides me the best solution. I really need this user to have limited access. If I use a distribution list, I or an admin has to edit, correct? (I'm researching as I speak here)