Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Cant change password

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Cant change password

    Iam using zimbra 5.0.16 on ubuntu 8.04.Zimbra is working fine.But when any user wants to change the password its says

    Error 404

    File Not Found

    The object requested could not be found on the server.
    File Not Found: /h/changepass
    Please check your request for typing errors and retry.

    Pls help me to solve this problem???
    Thanks in advance
    Regards


    Saj

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Please update your profile with the following output so we know exactly which version of ZCS you are running
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Slovakia - Martin
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Hi,

    I have same problem :-(

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Please update your profile with the following output so we know exactly which version of ZCS you are running
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v

    This is my output.


    zimbra@pop:/root$ zmcontrol -v


    Release 5.0.16_GA_2921.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition
    Regards


    Saj

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    6

    Default file not found error when user change password

    Quote Originally Posted by ask2me007 View Post
    This is my output.


    zimbra@pop:/root$ zmcontrol -v


    Release 5.0.16_GA_2921.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition


    I have found the reason for the error.I changed the Public service host name as mail.domain.com(its also noted in the forums) and again tested the change password.It shows a page not found error.
    I have recently changed my http port to 8084 instead of 80.But the change is not reflected in the change password file.When I changed the address bar manually and included the right port in the addressbar, it works.
    How can I make the change permanently.ie I want to reflect the port change of my zimbra server in the change password option also.

    Thanks in advance
    Regards


    Saj

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ask2me007 View Post
    I have found the reason for the error.I changed the Public service host name as mail.domain.com(its also noted in the forums) and again tested the change password.It shows a page not found error.
    I have recently changed my http port to 8084 instead of 80.But the change is not reflected in the change password file.When I changed the address bar manually and included the right port in the addressbar, it works.
    How can I make the change permanently.ie I want to reflect the port change of my zimbra server in the change password option also.

    Thanks in advance
    Pls any body look into my problems???
    Regards


    Saj

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    when user click in change password the getting error "Not Found The requested URL /h/changepass was not found on this server."

    how can I solve the problem

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    JoBbz helped me with what I didn't know about an ldap search. He found this as an ldap attribute in the global config: zimbraChangePasswordURL

    Here's what has to happen:
    1) su - zimbra
    2) zmprov mcf zimbraChangePasswordURL https://host.domain.com/h/changepass

    I don't use http, mine is https for all. You may have to change that.

    Good luck - have fun,
    todd_dsm

    Don't forget to Vote for this RFE:
    RFE: A place To Display the contents of 'My Documents'
    Reasoning: It's new, bold, and cool.
    Last edited by todd_dsm; 10-08-2010 at 10:31 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    It seems that URL didnt work in HTML version try to change password after switching to Advance version.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    7

    Default DNS Problem?

    abhiz,

    If it's not working then what is it doing?

    Also, it's not uncommon to have dns problems. Run the attached script and adjust dns until it produces the output Zimbra requires. There's sample output in the script so you have a target. Just fill in the blanks and go.

    After that, there's no good reason why this shouldn't work. And if that's not true, we're always here.

    Just know that I'm terrible at scripting....for now...


    todd_dsm

    Don't forget to Vote for this RFE:
    RFE: A place To Display the contents of 'My Documents'
    Reasoning: It's new, bold, and cool.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by todd_dsm; 10-08-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. New User/Must Change Password oddity...
    By ssatre in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 12:19 AM
  2. [SOLVED] Change Password Not Working
    By tansyuan in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 09:09 AM
  3. [SOLVED] "zimbra" user password change.
    By nishith in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 02:27 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 10:18 AM
  5. AD Ctrl-alt-del Change Password Breaks Zimbra
    By pgp4privacy in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 03:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •