Thread: Multiple forwarders per address or multiple aliases?

Default Multiple forwarders per address or multiple aliases?

What I am trying to do:

I want to have my admin@ account forward to a number of people and not actually store any email. It also has a number of aliases (noc@, root@, postmaster@). But I cannot figure out how to create multiple forwarders per account.

So I created admin as a distribution list to add the people to receive the email sent to admin@. Problem is I cannot find where to set aliases for a ditribution list (or if it is even possible). So I would need to create a distribution list for every alias also and add the forwarding users to it...

Is there a way to either add an alias to a distribution list or have multiple forwarders per account?

EDIT: I just realized I can add distribution lists to other distribution lists. Which is kind of like having an alias for one list I guess... Though it's not very easy to add many 'aliases' at once.
    Last edited by eger; 05-26-2006 at 05:11 PM.

You could also just semi-colon separate the forward attribute. So multiple forwards.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Hi,

Don't seem to work. I put a semi-colon between the two email address in the forward under options.

And it gave me an error saying invalid email address error.

adrian

------------------------------------------------------------
    msg - invalid email address
    com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: invalid email address
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.INVA LID_ATTR_VALUE(AccountServiceException.java:109)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AttributeInfo.validEmailAddr ess(AttributeInfo.java:281)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AttributeInfo.checkValue(Att ributeInfo.java:206)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AttributeInfo.checkValue(Att ributeInfo.java:170)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AttributeManager.preModify(A ttributeManager.java:186)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapEntry.modifyAttrs(L dapEntry.java:136)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.account.ModifyPrefs.handle(M odifyPrefs.java:69)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:255)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:228)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:154)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal semicolon, not in group in string ``meyermiller@hotmail.com ; wfo@uwcsea.edu.sg'' at position 24
    at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(Internet Address.java:756)
    at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(Internet Address.java:531)
    at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.<init>(Interne tAddress.java:67)
    at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.<init>(Interne tAddress.java:95)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AttributeInfo.validEmailAddr ess(AttributeInfo.java:275)
    ... 27 more

code - account.INVALID_ATTR_VALUE
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Sender
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try comma? remove the spaces? If not I guess the distro list is the only current work around.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Hi Kelvin,

Tried taking out commas and taking out spaces does not work. Should i file it?

is there any way of making a distribution list or a user account not searchable in the GAL?

adrian

Well the comma/ space idea is a hack. The real need is support for contact groups. That should already be in bugzilla. There is a hideFromGAL ldap attr int he next release that should allow you to hide certian distro lists.