Thread: Default Assigned Global Folder for Everyone?

Smile Default Assigned Global Folder for Everyone?

Hello,
    I have looked everywhere, and cannot figure out how to do this. We need to create a default shared folder that all accounts show when logged in. I really don't want the users to have to manually link to the global shared folder.

Thanks,
    Dale

theres no way to do this currently through the web admin interface, you would need to script creation of users using zmprov and zmmailbox to auto link to teh shared folder

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Zmprov
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Zmmailbox

Thumbs up Default Assigned Global Folder for Everyone?

I'll try to work on this script. We just installed Zimbra to check it out. So far I like what I see. I didn't expect to have to write scripts so early in the beginning, but that's ok.
    Thanks for the help,
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    theres no way to do this currently through the web admin interface, you would need to script creation of users using zmprov and zmmailbox to auto link to teh shared folder

Zmprov - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Zmmailbox - Zimbra :: Wiki

Someone else once posted a simple Ruby script that really helped me out getting started with this sort of thing ... Here's the one I use regularly to add our corporate resources to a user's account.

Code:
    #!/usr/bin/ruby

user = ARGV[0]

system "zmprov addDistributionListMember work@ourcompany.com #{user}@ourcompany.com"

system "zmmailbox -z -m #{user}@ourcompany.com createMountpoint --color blue --view appointment --flags '#' \"/Our Company Company Calendar\" jack@ourcompany.com \"/Our Company Company Calendar\""

system "zmmailbox -z -m #{user}@ourcompany.com createMountpoint --color blue --view contact \"/Our Company Internal Contacts\" jack@ourcompany.com \"/Contacts/Our Company Internal Contacts\""

system "zmmailbox -z -m #{user}@ourcompany.com createMountpoint --color blue --view contact \"/Corporate Contacts\" sales@ourcompany.com \"/Sales Contacts\""
    It's used from the command line as "ruby ThisScript.rb UsernameToAddStuffTo"

The first "system" command adds the user to a distribution list, the second adds our company calendar to their account and marks it visible by default, the third adds our Internal contacts to their account, and the fourth adds our sales contacts to their account.

The basic syntax structure for zmmailbox as shown for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th "System" command is ShareNameShownToUser , OriginalShareHolderUser, NameAsMountedForOriginalUser

Hope this helps get you started!