I have been looking at replacing our current mailserver farm with zimbra but have a few concerns.
I was wondering if there are any other administrators out there using zimbra in a large enterprise environment that could offer me some advice in regards to how you combated the following problems i have.
* It seems Zimbra can only have one active mailstore node in a cluster. Therefore Zimbra appears to be not easily scalable.
* Can Zimbra mailboxes be managed directly (i.e. Copy/paste/delete mails).
* It looks like Zimbra's own mailbox stores and backup procedures means that we cannot take full advantage of the NetApp snapshot feature.
* Zimbras own backup procedures also means that we now need two large file systems to accommodate both live & backed up emails... Plus we still have to put it to tape!
* If i ever have to restore a couple of mails from a point in time i would I have to restore the whole mailbox?
Can anyone suggest any answers or work arounds in regards to these problems or is Zimbra just not meant for large environments???