Hi,

We're currently trying to migrate all of aour mails from an existing Groupwise (linux) system to a newly installed trial edition of Zimbra NE.

We are using imapsync to move mails via IMAP from one server to another. Unfortunately when running imapsync, we get failures on as much as 2/3's of the mails fro a given account, all failing with:

Couldn't append msg #32 (Subject:XXXXXXX) to folder ZZZZ/yyyyy: Error trying to append: 1320 NO APPEND failed

If I rerun imapsync on the same account it manages to copy some more of the mails, but still fails on some. For one account, I had to run the same imapsync script about 10 times, and that left a couple of mails that were impossible to copy. We get the same behaviour when trying to drag-and-drop mails from one imap account on one server to an account on zimbra, as soon as we take more than 3-5 mails in a single operation, so this error seems to be independent of the imapsync programme.

The server is running on CentOS

The only error messages I get in zimbra.log seem to be these:

######################################
2006-05-28 16:50:08,482 WARN [LmtpServer-58] [] ParsedMessage - Parse error on MIME part 1 (text/plain, Message-ID: <20060528145001.BB10392C71@backup.lssj.dk>)
com.zimbra.cs.mime.MimeHandlerException: cannot extract text
at com.zimbra.cs.mime.handler.DefaultHandler.getConte ntImpl(DefaultHandler.java:92)
at com.zimbra.cs.mime.MimeHandler.getContent(MimeHand ler.java:254)
at com.zimbra.cs.mime.ParsedMessage.analyzePart(Parse dMessage.java:589)
at com.zimbra.cs.mime.ParsedMessage.analyzeMessage(Pa rsedMessage.java:508)
at com.zimbra.cs.mime.ParsedMessage.analyze(ParsedMes sage.java:252)
at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.ZimbraLmtpBackend.deliver MessageToLocalMailboxes(ZimbraLmtpBackend.java:235 )
at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.ZimbraLmtpBackend.deliver (ZimbraLmtpBackend.java:121)
at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.LmtpHandler.doDATA(LmtpHa ndler.java:420)
at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.LmtpHandler.processComman d(LmtpHandler.java:197)
at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.processCon nection(ProtocolHandler.java:231)
at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.run(Protoc olHandler.java:198)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Wo rker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.convert.ConversionException: Error loading shared library kvfilter.
at com.zimbra.cs.convert.TransformationClient.extract (TransformationClient.java:179)
at com.zimbra.cs.convert.SocketTransformationStub.doE xtract(SocketTransformationStub.java:99)
at com.zimbra.cs.convert.SocketTransformationStub.ext ract(SocketTransformationStub.java:158)
at com.zimbra.cs.mime.handler.DefaultHandler.getConte ntImpl(DefaultHandler.java:85)
######################################
but I am unsure if they are in any way related.

Any tips would be most welcome, as this could easily become a show-stopper to our migration plans.

cheers

/tomas