Installing zimbra_posixaccount and zimbra_samba extensions for Zimbra Admin
1. Extract files from /opt/zimbra/zimlets-admin-extra/zimbra_posixaccount.zip to a folder on your desktop computer, open zimbra_posixaccount folder and edit config_template.xml.
2. Edit ldapSuffix property in config_template.xml. This property is the path in your LDAP tree where all Linux and Samba user information will be stored. This can be the name of your primary email domain written in the ldap syntax. E.g. if your domain is mycompany.com, then ldapSuffix will be
in this example I will use the domain gregzimbra1.zimbra.com, which is the name of my Ubuntu Linux machine running inside a VMWare instance, hence my ldapSuffix is
1. Edit uidBase property in config_template.xml. uidBase is the base for creating Linux user IDs for user accounts that will be stored in LDAP. The first account that you will create through Zimbra Admin UI will have user ID = uidBase+1. If you already have user accounts in your current password database (most likely /etc/passwd) it is recommended that you set this value higher than the maximum existing user account.
2. Edit gidBase property in config_template.xml. gidBase is the base for creating Linux group IDs for groups that will be stored in LDAP. The first group that you will create through Zimbra Admin UI will have group ID = gidBase+1.
3. Zip all the files that are in zimbra_posixaccount folder into zimbra_posixaccount.zip together with modified config_template.xml (make a flat zip file without folders)
zip zimbra_posixaccount *.*
1. Log in to Zimbra Admin (https://yourserver.com:7071/zimbraAdmin
) as administrator, navigate to Admin Extensions and deploy zimbra_posixaccount extension using the zimbra_posixaccount.zip file (refer to ZCS Admin Guide for more information about installing Admin Extensions)
2. Extract files from /opt/zimbra/zimlets-admin-extra/zimbra_samba.zip to a folder on your desktop computer and open config_template.xml (this file is in zimbra_samba folder along with other extension files).
3. Edit ldapSuffix, uidBase and gidBase properties using the same values as you used in for zimbra_posixaccount.zip
4. Zip all the files zimbra_samba folder into zimbra_samba.zip together with modified config_template.xml into a flat ZIP file and deploy zimbra_samba Admin Extension.
5. Reload your Zimbra Admin to initialize the extensions. When the extensions are loaded for the first time, they will check if OUs defined by ldapMachineSuffix and ldapGroupSuffix propertiesin config_template.xml files exist and create these OUs, if they do not exist.